If I close my eyes tight I can almost transport myself to Kauai or even my childhood farm in upstate New York, where the call of the rooster is common-place, but then I open up the curtains to the wall of windows in the living room and look out over our neighborhood and see that we are still in Seoul; with it's rolling topography and the city built-upon those hills stacked up like dominoes.
This rooster is a reminder of the days in the not so distant past when Seoul was a small town and an emerging economy. I love this morning alarm clock.
Today we go to a local community center that serves foreigners and see what offerings they have to help us assimilate a bit easier. Later on we go to Immigration with a representative from Mike's company to help us get our Alien Registration cards.
more to follow...
Peace,
Stephanie
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.